This announcement was just sent by the California Board of Pharmacy:
“Companies that do not own, but receive, store and ship prescription drugs and prescription devices into or within California need to obtain a third-party logistics provider (3PL) license immediately with the California State Board of Pharmacy.
Formerly, these entities were licensed as wholesalers or nonresident wholesalers by the Board of Pharmacy, but with passage of federal legislation in November 2013 and Assembly Bill 2605 (Bonilla) in 2014, entities that were previously licensed by the board as wholesalers need to obtain a different license as a third-party logistics provider as well as designate a responsible manager and secure licensure of specialized employees who will serve as designated representatives – 3PLs.
Wholesalers that operate as 3PLs need to work with the board to achieve compliance and become properly licensed.
To view the legislation, go to: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml
For a 3PL application, go to: http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/applicants/index.shtml
For more information, call the Board of Pharmacy at: (916) 574-7900.”
You might also be interested in:
Go to DREprof.com: The Designated Representative and Exemptee Training Website
- California Designated Representative Training Course for Reverse Distributors
- California Designated Representative Training Course for 3PL
- California Designated Representative Training Course for Wholesalers – Available around-the-clock 24 x 7
- Florida Certified Designated Representative – CDR Law and Rules Exam Prep Course
- The Designated Representative Institute
- California HMDR Exemptee Certification Course – online training course by SkillsPlus Intl Inc.
- The Exemptee Institute