Updated April 10, 2018
The Florida DBPR website has been redesigned. Here’s how to get the most current version of the Florida CDR Candidate Information Booklet (CIB):
- Go to the home page of the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation (DBPR): http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/
- In the search box, enter “candidate information booklets.” Choose English. Then click “DDC – Certified Designated Representative.”
The original post follows below:
It’s a high-stakes test. Follow these free tips to get ready for the Florida CDR laws & rules examination.
- Find out everything about the exam – Read the official candidate information booklet from start to finish.
- Block out time to get ready – Studying & prepping take time. Make the commitment to identify and protect this time.
- Study in spurts and take long breaks – Let’s admit it. Getting ready for a test isn’t much fun. However, studying in small chunks, and getting needed breaks makes it more tolerable.
- Use many resources in studying and preparing.
- Practice, practice, & practice – Drill sample questions to discover your weaknesses.
- Simply reading or listening to the regulations won’t get you ready. You’ll also want to constantly assess your mastery of the rules, correct your misunderstandings, and reinforce what you should know.
- Think ahead – Your test preparation counts for a lot, and don’t forget to learn everything you can about what to expect before you arrive at the testing center.
Go to DREprof.com: The Designated Representative and Exemptee Training Website