“The Home Medical Device Retailer (HMDR) licensing program is administered as part of the Medical Device Safety Section and is governed by law found in the California Sherman Food, Drug and Cosmetic Law. The Sherman Law was amended in the 1999-2000 legislative session to establish the HMDR licensing program. This section of the Sherman Law can be found by following the link below.”
In case you didn’t know:
The HMDR program licenses California HMDR facilities and registers Out-of-State HMDR facilities. In-State HMDR facilities supply prescription medical devices or durable medical equipment for use in the home to treat acute or chronic illnesses or injuries. Out-of-State HMDR facilities must supply prescription medical devices in order to qualify for the registration. The HMDR program also licenses exemptees that are required to be on staff in lieu of a pharmacist at facilities selling prescription medical devices as described under California and Federal medical device laws.
Go to DREprof.com: The Designated Representative and Exemptee Training Website
- California Designated Representative Training Course for Reverse Distributors
- California Designated Representative Training Course for 3PL
- California Designated Representative Training Course for Wholesalers – Available around-the-clock 24 x 7
- Florida Certified Designated Representative – CDR Law and Rules Exam Prep Course
- The Designated Representative Institute
- California HMDR Exemptee Certification Course – online training course by SkillsPlus Intl Inc.
- The Exemptee Institute
- Your Florida CDR just quit. What do you do? (dreprof.com)
- About The HMDR Licensing Program (dreprof.com)