FAQ: Who needs an HMDR License?

QUESTION: Who needs an HMDR license from the California Department of Public Health, Food and Drug Branch (CDPH/FDB)?

ANSWER: Any person conducting an HMDR business (retail facility or warehouse) in the State of California must first obtain a license from CDPH/FDB. A separate license is required for each location. The license must be renewed each year, and the license cannot be transferred to another location, business, or business owner. {FYI: Wholesalers of medical devices are not required to obtain an HMDR license, but may be required to obtain a permit with the Board of Pharmacy if they distribute prescription (Rx) devices for wholesale purposes} http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov


Go to DREprof.com: The Designated Representative and Exemptee Training Website

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,