Entities & Trading Partners Defined Under The DSCSA
“The Food and Drug Administration (FDA or the Agency) is issuing this guidance to assist industry and State and local governments in understanding how to categorize the entities in the drug supply chain in accordance with the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA). DSCSA establishes product tracing requirements for certain trading partners in the drug supply chain, including manufacturers, repackagers, wholesale distributors, and dispensers. DSCSA also requires that trading partners of manufacturers, wholesale distributors, dispensers, and repackagers must meet the applicable requirements for being “authorized trading partners.” DSCSA also requires FDA to issue regulations that establish Federal standards for the licensing of wholesale drug distributors (WDDs) and third-party logistics providers (3PLs). The Agency is currently drafting these regulations. This guidance, when finalized, will explain FDA’s current thinking on how licensing and certain other requirements apply to entities that may be considered trading partners in the drug supply chain.
This guidance is intended to (1) assist industry and State and local governments in understanding the applicability of DSCSA requirements to the various types of entities that take part in the distribution of prescription drugs in the United States, and (2) help clarify for industry whether they are engaged in activities that require licensure and annual reporting, as well as other requirements related to being an authorized trading partner in the drug supply chain. The guidance does not address all requirements described in DSCSA, but is limited to describing the activities that would determine what type of trading partner an entity may be and the applicable requirements under DSCSA.”
Go to DREprof.com: The Designated Representative and Exemptee Training Website
- CA Designated Representative 3PL online web-based training certification by SkillsPlus Intl Inc. – NEW!
- CA Designated Representative online web-based training certification by SkillsPlus Intl Inc. – Available around-the-clock 24 x 7
- FL Certified Designated Representative (CDR) online exam prep course by SkillsPlus Intl Inc. – Lots of practice exams – Practice makes perfect! – Available around-the-clock 24 x 7
- The Designated Representative Institute
- CA HMDR Exemptee online internet-based training certification by SkillsPlus Intl Inc. – Enhanced for iPad
- The Exemptee Institute