This topic is coming up a lot lately. There appears to be confusion about whether work experience satisfies the training program requirement, or vice versa.
In a nutshell, if you are applying for a California Designated Representative or Exemptee License, you’ll have to meet both the work experience requirement, and the training program requirement (i.e., completing a training program that addresses key subjects/topics).
Work experience does not substitute for the training program, and the training program does not substitute for work experience.
- Application For Home Medical Device Retailer Exemptee License – New And Renewal (CDPH Food & Drug Branch) – PDF
- Designated Representative Requirements And Application (CA State Board of Pharmacy) – PDF
Go to DREprof.com: The Designated Representative and Exemptee Training Website
- CA Designated Representative online web-based training certification by SkillsPlus Intl Inc. – Available around-the-clock 24 x 7 – Available for iPad
- FL Certified Designated Representative (CDR) online exam prep course by SkillsPlus Intl Inc. – Lots of practice exams – Practice makes perfect! – Available around-the-clock 24 x 7
- The Designated Representative Institute
- CA HMDR Exemptee online internet-based training certification by SkillsPlus Intl Inc. – Enhanced for iPad
- The Exemptee Institute