Wishful Thinking?! Both Work Experience AND Training Are Required

eLearning - Online TrainingThis topic is coming up a lot lately. There appears to be confusion about whether work experience satisfies the training program requirement, or vice versa.

In a nutshell, if you are applying for a California Designated Representative or Exemptee License, you’ll have to meet both the work experience requirement, and the training program requirement (i.e., completing a training program that addresses key subjects/topics).

Work experience does not substitute for the training program, and the training program does not substitute for work experience.


  1. Application For Home Medical Device Retailer Exemptee License – New And Renewal (CDPH Food & Drug Branch) – PDF  
  2. Designated Representative Requirements And Application (CA State Board of Pharmacy) – PDF

Go to DREprof.com: The Designated Representative and Exemptee Training Website

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,